- 3 years experience teaching grades 11 and 12 literature and humanities.
- Experience advising students in innovative educational models (e.g., a self-directed, interdisciplinary learning program).
- Committed to nurturing student agency with student-centered and project-based learning environments.
- Passionate about 21st century skills, literary analysis, strong writing strategies, equity, and “humanizing” approaches to education.
Bard College, Annandale-on-Hudson, NY
ACADEMIC AREAS OF INTEREST:
Literature (20th Century, Contemporary), American Literature, Social Problems & Sociology, Innovative Models (e.g., Design Labs and STEAM Centers), Advanced Writing / Peer Tutoring, Theater (Musical, Dramatic)
Edge / IP Advisor, Literature Teacher, Language Training Tutor
06/14 – Present
The Kildonan School, Amenia, NY
Develop literature and self-directed curricula in collaboration with 11/12 students and Kildonan faculty. Offer tutoring that encompasses Orton-Gillingham (O-G) practices and college preparation. Promote the work of students – and practice digital citizenship – via a blog and three Twitter accounts. Advise learners in academic and personal matters. Assist the registrar in preparing academic reports (e.g., proofing 11/12 faculty files for grammar and content, offering suggestions for revision). Proctor SAT and ACT exams.
Language Training Tutor, Writing Workshop Instructor, Study Hall Proctor
06/14 – 08/15
Camp Dunnabeck at The Kildonan School, Amenia, NY
Diagnosed gaps in language skills and offered remediation by designing/executing Orton-Gillingham lessons consisting of reading, spelling, and writing exercises. Communicated regularly with students’ parents and (when necessary) provided materials needed for distance sessions. Supervised small groups of students working on assignments in study halls. Devised and executed curricula for three creative writing seminars. Co-coordinated a literary magazine containing student work.
Teacher Aide, Technology Support, MAP(R) Test Proctor
06/13 – 08/13
Pine Plains Central School District (PPCSD), Pine Plains, NY
Assisted students in interfacing with educational programs, COMPASS Learning® and EduTyping, during a summer school session. Resolved technological concerns (e.g., inputting and editing student data, navigating netbooks and SMART Boards, and recovering lost electronic documents). Proctored computer adaptive assessment tests (specifically the Measurements of Achievement Progress® (MAP®) Language Arts and Mathematics tests), interpreted growth, and printed reports.
- Forty hours of training under a Board Certified Behavioral Analyst (BCBA)
- Seventy hours of training under two Fellows of the Academy of Orton-Gillingham Practitioners and Educators (AOGPE)
- Screenings of Tony Wagner and Ted Dintersmith’s edudocumentary, Most Likely to Succeed (2)
- Faculty cohort attendance at High Tech High’s Deeper Learning Conference (2016)
- Spanish exchange program with partner school (Cádiz, Spain)
- Google Drive, Dropbox, SmartBoard, iPad, Blackbaud, Final Site, Blogger, WordPress, Twitter
- Working knowledge of conversational French
- Introductory knowledge of Spanish
Last updated: 6/20/2017. Click here to download a .pdf version of this resume.